Sapa is a one of Vietnam’s most popular destinations but with no nearby airport, so the easiest ways for getting there is to travel by bus.
Starting point: Hanoi Old Quater, either pickup from Hotel or meet point at 12 Ly Thai To
Ending point: Sapa Town at 03 Fansipan street
Duration: five and a half hours- daytime
Timetable: Hanoi: 6:45, Sapa: 12:30 (includes 30 minutes toilet and food stop)
Positives of using bus to getting from Hanoi to Sapa
- Getting Hanoi to Sapa by bus is quite cheap.
- Very comfortable bus to travel in from Hanoi to Sapa or vice-versa. The seats could slightly recline, visitors can use laptop or smartphone to kill the time.
- The bus travels in the day, which means you that you can see some pretty spectacular scenery on the way
- Some buses gave tourists a bottle of water and small packet of snacks as we were climbing onto the bus.
- Blankets and neck pillows were available for use as well.
- The bus makes a stop half way through the trip at a stop point. It is great to stretch the legs for 30 min and take something to drink or eat.
- The roads in Sapa are pretty bendy and winding with steep cliffs, the bus goes pretty fast, so some people might get motion sickness.
- They drop everyone off at the same location in both Sapa and Hanoi. You will need to make your own way from their to your hotel accommodation. Do not expect them to drop you off at your chosen point of location.